Monday, September 3, 2007

Why I Hate The Left

I have many friends and acquaintances that are lefties, but what I do disagree with is what they stand for politically. My biggest pet peeve against the left is their “slash and burn” techniques that many of them and their friends in the MSM use whenever anyone presents a reasonable argument against any of the things that they hold dear.

Anyone who disagrees with the indoctrinated views imposed by successive liberal governments over the past 30 years are suddenly labeled extremists, bigots, racists, un-Canadian, etc

  1. Kyoto – Argue against the economic cost or science of Kyoto and you are accused of being the following - “Global warming denier”, “In the pockets of big-oil”, “In bed with the polluters”, “If you are against Kyoto, you not care about our planet and our children’s future”

  2. Universal healthcare vs. Allowing private health-care to exist alongside with public healthcare – “Un-Canadian” (Even though some of the most vocal critics of private health-care have gone to the US or taken family members there for treatment instead of having to wait in the queue like most Canadians), “Trying to turn Canada’s healthcare system into a completely private one like the US” (Even though that is not what most of us are advocating)


  3. Supporting Canadian troops in Afghanistan (Even though it was the Liberals who moved Canadian troops from the relatively safe Kabul to Kandahar and initiated the combat phase of the mission) - “War-monger”, “George Bush’s poodle”, “Anti-Islamic” (despite many Muslims being among the people brutally killed and mutilated by the Taliban and Al-Qaeda)

I have many friends and acquaintances that are lefties, but what I do disagree with is what they stand for.

This comment by one of the readers to my blog symbolizes many of the things that I, as a person to the right of the political spectrum, have against the left.

Yes, I HATE the left;

I hate their moral relativism that puts wicca, paganism and new age Californian crystal power theology on the same footing as Judeo-Christian tradition.

I hate their secular humanism that tries to make faith something to be ashamed of.

I hate the ease with which they use the suffix "...phobe" to stifle any discussion or debate.

I hate their victimhood industry that works to remove all personal responsibility for ones actions. You're in one of the "victim" groups, society made you do it!

I hate their Michael Moores, their Al Gores, their Laurie Davids, their Leonardo DiCaprios who have perfected the selective use of facts to support their do as we say-not as we do agendas.

I hate their influence on the judiciary that has resulted in a softening in sentencing and the removal of the punitive aspect of a prison sentence. Cable TV and taxpayer funded tattoo parlors; now that's hard time.

I hate how all of these left-wing ideas have turned Canadian government into a tax and spend nanny state and Canadian society into a whiny, politically correct subservient population that shies away using the word HATE.

I hate the left and all it stands for and I will not apologize for that.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate is a strong word - that's what I dislike about the right - they love to hate.

They can't stand a difference of opinion - instead of respectfully agreeing to disagree - the "hate".

It's suppose to be a democracy - a democracy brings different views and choices - HATE is not one of them.

Lighten up.

Anonymous said...

There you go...

another Leftie generalising.

The Right loves to hate...
what a load of crap.

Anonymous said...

"It's suppose to be a democracy - a democracy brings different views and choices "

You say the words but in all actions, the left shows disdane for different views, or choices. The left has ordained that their view is the correct one and all who disagree are bigots, hate-mongers, religious wackos etc. It isn't coincidence that all the violent protests and demonstrations in this country are by peace loving liberal minded people. It isn't coincidence that the hand picked judges of the left wing are now running the country, telling us and our elected officials what laws they will permit. It isn't a coincidence that government keeps getting bigger and bigger while becoming more intrusive and overbearing - all these things are desired, encouraged and demanded by those on the left and all of these things have nothing to do with democracy or differing views or freedom - they all have to do with the imposition of one view and the tearing down of all who oppose that one view. Democracy isn't about getting your way all the time. It is about respecting others and accepting that sometimes they have the right to have their views reflected in our society and in our institutions. From where I sit, I see no sign the left cares about anyone or anything outside themselves and their agenda. They speak great words, but their actions tell a different tale. I do agree, hate is much too strong a word - dissapointment, pity, or concern are closer to my mark.

Anonymous said...

In general, I'd agree with your thesis; I'm what most would consider a right-wing person (though I consider myself a libertarian).
However, I'd strongly DISAGREE with "I hate their moral relativism that puts wicca, paganism and new age Californian crystal power theology on the same footing as Judeo-Christian tradition." Unless one or more of any of these superstitions actually has any sort of evidence that their particular superstition has any basis in reality, they all DESERVE to be treated with the same sort of scepticism; that means that someone who believes that "crystals have healing powers", or that dancing a rain dance actually DOES anything useful is no more screwed up than someone who believes that an invisible man in the sky had a son who rose from the dead. There's an equal amount of evidence for all of these superstitions, and if someone wants me to believe otherwise, they'll have to PROVE it.

Anonymous said...

I hate the left too and I am at the point where I do not think that "hate" is too strong a word. I have just spent holidays with family members and in-laws and I am the only person among 20-30 of them that is right of center. They want to go on about how George Bush screwed up on Katrina, on why giving needles to junkies is a great idea, on how native Indians were kind of like pure communists, and how crazy it is for some parents to want abstinence to be taught in schools. I usually just let them go on for a bit and then when I raise a point, they roll their eyes and say "do we have to talk about this". When a teenager brings up the Arab/Israeli conflict, they shut the conversation down before it can even get going, with another "do we have to talk about this?" Try telling them that there is a state for Arabs from the British Mandate for Palestine - it's called Jordan - and they look at you like you have two heads. Or mention "dhimmi" and their eyes glaze over and the conversation is shut down with another "do we have to talk about this?"

so frustrating. Thankfully there are people to the right of center who are thinking and do not shy away from the arena of ideas.

Anonymous said...

ex-liberal - thinking?

I don't think so by your writing.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the first Anon - the right dwell on hatred. Just read the blogging tories.

They hate gays, hate women that work (should stay home), hate a difference of opinion, hate freedoms that do not fit into their "narrow/black and white" view of the world.

They always play the victims too - MSM liberal bias, etc.
Hate, hate hate

Anonymous said...

Tony:
"Kyoto – Argue against the economic cost or science of Kyoto and you are accused of being the following - “Global warming denier”, “In the pockets of big-oil”, “In bed with the polluters”, “If you are against Kyoto, you not care about our planet and our children’s future”

I've posting on left wing blogs for a while now! They all say that we
have to abide by the kyoto protocol.

The Liberals signed
this agreement and yet when they left office
the co2 went up by 35%
great work by the libs chuckle!! Every time we
dare to ask for the cost
of Kyoto they never give a straight answer they always say it will cost us more later if we do nothing now but no $$ sign I wonder why? Maybe
because they know that if they give the cost the Canadian people will turn against it in droves.

About our troops they keep saying its "Bush war" What they forget to
mention that it was voted
on unanimously by their favorite corrupt UN and NATO. The libs send us there in the first place.
Please read this ARTICLE! it will explain how the Liberals supported our military great bunch of
people these Liberals aren't they ?

Al Gores what has he done when he had power?
Now all of a sudden he is
the protector of the planet what a farce!!

Like i said I've been
posting on left wing blogs and when you confront them they call you all kinds of names they insult you I know.

Please any comments?

Anonymous said...

I forgot one thing
what is MSM please thank
you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm the guy who posted the original "Fuck I hate the left" comment about the "Piracy of peaceful protest" article and then felt the need to respond to some of the comments following my post.

After reading all the comments, I still hate the left, I still think most of the problems Canada is facing today can be traced back to some ill-concieved, ideoligically driven liberal program or policy.

And except for the person disagreeing with my first point, and I do understand his point of view; walking on water is a hard sell, most of the comments have taken issue with my use of the word "hate" and not with what I hate.

So for all your fragile ears; I profoundly despise, I really really don't like , I definitely dislike, I have absolutely no love for the left and all it stands for !

P.S. Johnny, MSM + Main Stream Media

Anonymous said...

Anon September 3, 2007 4:04 PM thanks for MSM!!:)

Anonymous said...

I also don't think hate is to strong a word either.

Why else would I feel like I'm ready for a civil war??